MantecaHTX Open Call Exhibitions!
During Spring of Latino Art (SOLA) and in conjunction with Latino Art Now!, three curators, Tina Hernandez, Moe Penders and Theresa Escobedo collaborated across five venues and assembled 7 exhibitions showcasing Houston Latinx creatives from the MantecaHTX registry to our Houston community.
Congratulations to the following Latinx Houston Artists invited to exhibit in MantecaHTX's open call.
Exhibition for “Yo Soy un Hombre Sincero”
Exhibition Dates: May 3 - May 30 2019
Opening Reception: May 3, 2019 6-7:30 pm
Location: MECA 1900 Kane St, HTX 77007
Calling All Houston-Area Latinx Artists To Post Your Profile!
Steps to create an Artist Profile:
At the Home page, click on Artist Sign Up and click on the Sign Up button
Create a Listing (Artist) at the EDIT LISTING page
- At the “Edit Listing” page enter your artist name, categories, description of your practice, email address, and artist statement. (Optional: social media links, video URL, SEO content box, address/ location)
- At the Photo Gallery sidebar, click CHOOSE FILE and browse/drop 5 JPGs of available/ready to present works of art.
- Once 5 images are loaded onto the Photo Gallery content area, click the blue pencil that is next to the uploaded image.
- An Image Cropping & Description box pops up. At the “Image Title" enter the following for each image: Title, medium, dimension, date
- You can also submit video by clicking ADD VIDEO and then paste a URL link to video. Can also add a brief description
- To attach an additional file, click CHOOSE FILE and browse to open a Resume or CV document file. Type Resume in the text box.
- Once satisfied with all the content, click the “SAVE” button on the bottom of the page… AND THE LISTING GOES LIVE ON MantecaHTX WEBSITE
- At the DASHBOARD you can preview the listing by clicking PREVIEW.
- ALL CONTENT CAN BE CHANGED AT ANYTIME BY CLICKING THE ARTIST LOGIN box at the header. This will take you back to the dashboard. Click EDIT to change listing content. SAVE all your changes.