Calling All Houston-Area Latinx Artists!
MantecaHTX is excited to announce its first-ever Open Call!
During Spring of Latino Art (SOLA) and in conjunction with Latino Art Now!, three curators are collaborating across five venues to assemble exhibitions showcasing Houston Latinx creatives to our communities.
We’re inviting all interested and self-identifying Latinx artists in the Greater Houston-area to register with Houston’s Latinx Artist Registry & Directory (LARD) to be considered for exhibition opportunities.
Open Call Dates for Priority Consideration: February 9 - March 2, 2019
To be considered, the artist must be listed in this directory with a profile featuring 5 JPGs of available/ready to present works of art, resume/cv, an artist statement, and bio. (Video links are optional)
Steps to create an Artist Profile:
At the Home page, click on Artist Sign Up and click on the Sign Up button
Create a Listing (Artist) at the EDIT LISTING page
- At the “Edit Listing” page enter your artist name, categories, description of your practice, email address, and artist statement. (Optional: social media links, video URL, SEO content box, address/ location)
- At the Photo Gallery sidebar, click CHOOSE FILE and browse/drop 5 JPGs of available/ready to present works of art.
- Once 5 images are loaded onto the Photo Gallery content area, click the blue pencil that is next to the uploaded image.
- An Image Cropping & Description box pops up. At the “Image Title" enter the following for each image: Title, medium, dimension, date
- You can also submit video by clicking ADD VIDEO and then paste a URL link to video. Can also add a brief description
- To attach an additional file, click CHOOSE FILE and browse to open a Resume or CV document file. Type Resume in the text box.
- Once satisfied with all the content, click the “SAVE” button on the bottom of the page… AND THE LISTING GOES LIVE ON MantecaHTX WEBSITE
- At the DASHBOARD you can preview the listing by clicking PREVIEW.
- ALL CONTENT CAN BE CHANGED AT ANYTIME BY CLICKING THE ARTIST LOGIN box at the header. This will take you back to the dashboard. Click EDIT to change listing content. SAVE all your changes.